Newland Barn Rules and Regulations
- Security is required for all events at the expense of the applicant. The number of security guards required is based on the number of attendees. Two security guards are required for less than 100 attendees and three security guards are required for over 100 attendees. Security must arrive 1-hour prior to guests' arrival or 1/2 hour prior to when alcohol arrives at the location, whichever is first.
- Security must remain until all persons have left and the facility is locked.
- Minimum rental is six hours.
- A minimum of 45 days advanced reservation is required for events serving alcohol. Beer, wine, and champagne may be served. "Hard Alcohol" may not be served or brought on to the premises.
- A custodian will meet you at the facility. The doors will be unlocked at your designated start time, and will be locked at the end of your rental time.
- Rental hours are the time you (or your designee) arrive, until the time the facility is cleaned and completely vacated and locked.
- Patron is responsible for clean-up of the facility. This includes mopping of the floor and cleaning of the restrooms. If the facility is not cleaned by the time specified on the application, the deposit will be forfeited.
- Live Bands and or Amplified Sound is not permitted. DJ's are permitted inside the barn only.
- The provisions of Municipal Code Chapter 13.48.080 must be adhered to in the use of public buildings.
- No person shall maliciously or willfully disturb the peace or quiet of a park or of any person therein, by loud or unusual noises, or by indulging in riotous, boisterous, threatening, indecent or offensive conduct, or by using abusive, profane, indecent or vulgar language. No person shall, within any park, disturb in any manner any picnic, meeting, services, concert, exercise or exhibition. No person shall play or utilize any sound-amplifying system within or upon any park or facility not set aside for such purpose by the City Council or the Director of Community Services.
- Any person violating any provision of this chapter shall, upon conviction thereof, be guilty of a MISDEMEANOR and subject to a fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500) or to be imprisoned in the City or County jail for a period not to exceed three (3) months, or both such fine and imprisonment.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the parking lot.
- There is no climbing or swinging allowed on the fences or trees.
- Guests are not permitted past the water tower or near the Newland House Museum.
- The Newland House Museum is not available for rental.
- The museum will remain open during its regularly scheduled hours.
- You must make arrangements with the Huntington Beach Historial Society for use of the gazebo and for lighting to be strung between the barn and water tower.
- Only the back gate will be unlocked. The side gates by the Newland House Museum remain locked at all times.
- The porch of the Newland House Museum is not available for pictures or ceremonies.
- The lawn and patio has room for as many as 125 guests.
- No placing of items on the water tower is allowed.
- The following items are not permitted at this facility:
- Bounce Houses
- Hay Bales, Woodchips or Sand
- Japanese Lanterns
- Water Balloons
- Barbeques or Open Flames, including Flame Swallowers
- Domestic or Exotic Animals
- Horse Drawn Carriages
- Tents, Arbors, Canopies, Tarps, Awning, Cover, etc.
- The tables and chairs provided by the city must remain inside the facility and cannot be placed on the lawn. Tables provided are rectangular, not circular.
- Please use only painter's tape (no staples, tacks, or nails) when applying decorations. All decorations and tape must be removed when cleaning the facility.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the facility or outside on the lawn area.
- The city does not provide a list of cleaning, rental, or catering vendors.
- Pursuant to Huntington Beach Municipal Code 9.20.015, display of nudity is prohibited for any permitted event, whether closed or open to the public.
- Vendor & Service Provider Information
All vendors and service providers that are onsite must obtain a Huntington Beach business license. It is the responsibility of the Applicant to ensure that all vendors and service providers obtain their business license prior to the event. Failing to obtain a business license will result in their inability to participate. Common examples of vendors and service providers include caterers, florists, photographers, disc jockey’s, etc. To obtain an application, please use the following link: https://www.huntingtonbeachca.gov/files/users/finance/business-license-application.pdf
Please contact Business License at 714-536-5267 for any additional questions.
Did you know?
Solar panels are virtually maintenance free since the batteries require no water or other regular service and will last for years. Once, solar panels are installed, there are no recurring costs. Learn more about solar