Huntington Central Park - Adventure Playground (714) 536-5230
Adventure Playground is closed at this time. We are not accepting any reservations for the summer. We will reopen next year.
Beginning April 1, 2021, reservations can be made by calling the Community Services Department at (714) 536-5486.
Beginning June 21, 2021, all reservations are handled by contacting the Adventure Playground Staff at (714) 842-7442.
Located in Central Park near the
Central Library at 7111 Talbert Avenue, Youth Shelter, and Amphitheater.
Enter from the Central Library parking lot.
link to map
From 405 Fwy: exit Beach Boulevard South. Travel about 2 miles and turn right on Talbert Avenue. About 1/2 mile ahead enter Huntington Central Library parking lot, and park on the right near the tall trees. Follow the footpath into the park, and head up the hill to the right at the fork. Adventure Playground is at the top of the hill.
Families or groups of less than 10 children do not need to make reservations.
Groups of 10 or more and birthday parties must make reservations. To ensure there will be room, make reservations early in the season. Due to space limitations, tables can only be reserved for Saturday birthday parties and only one table per party and with a minimum of eight entry fees ($32.00).
Hours of Operation:
10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Saturday, closed Sundays and July 4th. Play ends at 3:40 pm for cleanup.
$4.00 per child fee is charged. Adults 16 and older are free when accompanying a child. Adventure Playgound does not accept purchase orders or credit cards. Large groups may pay with cash or a check made payable to the City of Huntington Beach. We appreciate payments with $1, $5, and $10 bills, unless your are paying for a large group.
Tables are available for $32 for birthday parties. Must be a minimum of 8 children and payment must be received to keep the reservation. No more than 5 table reservations per day.
Adventure Playground is a wonderful playing experience for children 5-12 years old. Kids can raft on a small pond, go down a mudslide, and build forts.
What you need to know and bring:
- All visitors, including adults, must at all times be wearing closed-toe shoes that cover the entire foot without holes or slits on any part of the shoe. We do not allow sandals, water shoes, crocs, shoes without tongues, toe-shaped running shoes, or any shoe we do not feel is safe. Anyone wearing shoes we deem inappropriate will not be allowed to enter.
- A counselor/guardian must be in each area of the park at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, the building and the pond areas. A guardian’s supervision is required in the building area within 20 feet of the child's work area. Some groups prefer to assign a number of children to each staff and lead the children to each area as a small group.
- Counselors/guardians must comply with the rules of the playground at all times. We believe the best way to teach is by setting the example.
- The counselor/guardian to child ratio is not to exceed 1 to 10 at any time.
- Please be advised that the children will get wet. Children will need to bring a towel, a change of clothes, extra shoes, and a plastic bag to keep them in. The groups are responsible for their own items. (There are no lockers or cubbies available). Unheated showers and changing rooms are provided, but again we ask that the children be supervised when using either of these facilities in order to maintain the safety of the children and the cleanliness of the park.
- Beach chairs or blankets are recommended for adults who want to watch, but we encourage their participation.
- If you will be eating at the park, you will need to provide your own lunch. Refreshments are sold at the playground for a minimal cost, but they consist of soda, juice, chips, and candy. You may eat inside the playground or outside in the park. Please check the area for trash before you leave. Trash cans are found inside the playground and down the footpath.
- Be sure to check the playground before leaving to confirm that all the children have either taken their belongings with them or disposed of them properly.
- If you have any further questions or would like specific directions to the playground from your site, feel free to call at (714) 842-7442 between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Saturday during the open season.
We appreciate wood donations: 2x4, 4x4, plywood, or any wood that the kids can use to build treehouse structures is helpful.
Central Park Attractions
Did you know?
Since its inception in 2016, the Homeless Task Force has had more than 1,600 occasions to assist individuals with housing referrals, mental and physical health referrals, bus passes, DMV forms, gas cards, food, mailing addresses, and family reunifications