The Advance Planning Division is responsible for maintaining:
- The Comprehensive General Plan
- Processing General Plan Amendments
- Zone Map Amendments
- Zoning Text Amendments
- Environmental Documentation
- Preparation of Various Special Studies of a Public Policy Nature
- The City's certified Local Coastal Program
Advance Planning is typically involved in processing legislative and policy oriented projects to Public Judicial Bodies such as the Planning Commission and City Council, and development projects that require environmental impact reports and/or legislative amendments.
Did you know?
Did you know the Historic Resources Board has organized a Historic Walking Tour of Downtown Huntington Beach? Pick up your walking tour brochure today on the 3rd floor of City Hall! Check out the Historic Huntington Beach webpage
for more information!
City of Huntington Beach
2000 Main Street
Huntington Beach, CA
Phone: (714) 536-5271
Fax: (714) 374-1648