Books may be renewed in 3 ways:
- On the Internet, through the online catalog.
- By telephone, through the automated number: (714) 374-1680
- In person at any HBPL library location
- Log in with your barcode number, 14 digits, no spaces (normally begins with 2111900xxxxxxx)
- Enter your PIN#, which is the last four numbers of your phone number when you registered for your library card
- Click on the "Checkouts" tab
- Check the box to the left of title of the item(s) to be renewed
- Click the Renew button
- A new due date will display if the item(s) has been renewed correctly.
- Call (714)374-1680
- Press 1 for English and 2 for Spanish
- Press 5 to renew your items
- Enter your library card number
- Press 1 to renew items individually or press 2 to renew all of your current items
- Books (including encyclopedias and magazines) may be renewed three times (3 times) before the due date.
- Renewing extends the loan period for an additional 3 weeks starting from the date the item is renewed.
- Materials cannot be renewed if another patron has placed a hold reserve request on that title.
- Media (Videos, DVDs, Music CDs, Downloadable Audiobooks, and Books on Tape or CD) cannot be renewed.
- Overdue items cannot be renewed.
Did you know?
The Police Department provides FREE security checks of your home while you are on vacation! This service is provided courtesy of the HBPD Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP). Sign up online for this free service.