Loan Policies and Fees
The Huntington Beach Library is now fines free. We do not charge late fees for items returned past their due date.
After 30 days overdue, an item will be assumed lost. Patrons will be blocked from checking out items until all lost items are returned or paid for. The fee for the item is the price for the cost of a new replacement through our vendor plus a $5 reprocessing fee.
Other Library Fees
- Black and White printing, 15¢/page, Color printing, 50¢/page
- Black and White photocopies 15¢/page, Color photocopies, 50¢/page
- Fax, $1.00/page
- Replacement card for adult's lost card $5.00
- Replacement card for children's lost card $5.00
- Damaged or lost barcode $5.00
- Damaged or lost audio book/DVD single disc $15.00
- Damaged or lost audio book case $10.00
- Damaged or lost music CD case $1.00
- Damaged or lost video case $2.00
- Damaged/Lost Media Artwork $2.00
The library will not accept a book a patron purchases as replacement for lost books. Books purchased for the library collection are processed off-site. If a patron borrows a book from the library collection and the book is lost, the library will replace the book and charge the patron the catalog fee for the book and a processing fee.
- Borrowing Privileges are non-transferable.
- The cardholder is responsible for all transactions on his or her card. Parents or legal guardians are responsible for all transactions on all cards where they are the parent or guardian of record.
- Cardholders must be over 18 to check out Media items (DVDs/CDs/Audiobooks) (10 maximum media items per library card)
- A maximum of 35 items checked out on a single card at any time. Some cards have lower checkout limits, such as teen cards and visitor cards.
- Some items are limited to one per patron. These include hotspots, busy bags, and parks passes.
Did you know?
The Huntington Beach Fire Department conducts free home fire safety inspections for seniors. You can also get a free smoke detector with a 10 year battery and carbon monoxide detector installed. This free service is provided by Project SHIP senior home inspection program volunteers. You can schedule an appointment online
or call 714-374-1615.