Computers and Internet for Children
The Children's Library provides computers with Internet access, basic Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access, educational databases and learning games.
- Free Wi-Fi is available for laptop users. The Children's area wireless SSID is kids
- 15 cents per page for black and white and 50 cents for color laser printing and photocopying from the Computer Lab.
- All labs close 15 minutes before the Library's closing time.
- Access is free for children under 18 and limited to 1 hour per day.
- Internet access for children in the Library is filtered to limit access to inappropriate and some gaming sites.
Although the Children’s Library has a filtering system it is important to:
- Take responsibility for your child's online computer use.
- Get to know the services your child uses.
- If you don't know how to log on, get your child to show you.
- Get to know your child's "online" friends just as you get to know all of their other friends.
- Talk to your child about Internet safety.
- I agree to limit my computer use to one hour a day.
- I must be prepared to save my work to a disk.
- I agree to keep track of my time by looking in the right corner of the screen.
- I agree to view and display only sites appropriate in a public library.
Did you know?
Solar energy has been used for over 2700 years. In 700 BC, glass lenses were used to make fire by magnifying the sun’s rays. Learn more about solar.