Computers and Internet for Children
The Children's Library provides computers with Internet access, basic Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access, educational databases and learning games.
- Free Wi-Fi is available for laptop users. The Children's area wireless SSID is kids
- 15 cents per page for black and white and 50 cents for color laser printing and photocopying from the Computer Lab.
- All labs close 15 minutes before the Library's closing time.
- Access is free for children under 18 and limited to 1 hour per day.
- Internet access for children in the Library is filtered to limit access to inappropriate and some gaming sites.
Although the Children’s Library has a filtering system it is important to:
- Take responsibility for your child's online computer use.
- Get to know the services your child uses.
- If you don't know how to log on, get your child to show you.
- Get to know your child's "online" friends just as you get to know all of their other friends.
- Talk to your child about Internet safety.
- I agree to limit my computer use to one hour a day.
- I must be prepared to save my work to a disk.
- I agree to keep track of my time by looking in the right corner of the screen.
- I agree to view and display only sites appropriate in a public library.
Did you know?
Planning Commission meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month. Meeting Agendas, Action Agendas, and Minutes are available to view online.