Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Phone: (714) 375-5071
The Main Street Library Branch is located 5 blocks up from the H.B. pier at 525 Main Street.
Main Street Branch Adult Book Club:
HBPL Branch Book Clubs are held online during branch closure.
Register for these Adult Events at hbpl.libcal.com
Thursday, December 10, 2020
5:30pm - 6:30pm.
"Their Eyes Were Watching God" by Zora Neale Hurston
Register at: hbpl.libcal.com
Click here for more information.
Click here to see this years Book Club Selections
Storytimes (suspended during closure)
Laptime Storytime (for ages 18 months to 3 years): Wednesdays at 10:00am
Preschool Storytime (for ages 3 to 5): Wednesdays at 11:00am
Used Book Sales (suspended during closure)
The volunteers at Main Street operate a used book store, which is open the same hours as the library branch. Donations of books are accepted and most welcome during library hours.
Computers & Internet (suspended during closure)
Volunteer Opportunities (suspended during closure)
The Main Street Library Branch warmly welcomes individuals who would like to make a difference in their community by volunteering. Please contact the library for details.
On Sunday, September 30, 1951, the new library building at 525 Main Street was dedicated by Mayor Vernon Langenbeck. The library was built at a cost of $140,000. Members of the Library Board at the time of the dedication were Pearl M. Jones, president, Berta Tovatt, J. K. McDonald, Edith Vavra, and G. H. Hasson. This library served as the main library from 1951 up until April 1975 when the Central Library was finished. The architectural firm of McLellan, MacDonald and Marcwith designed the Main Street Branch as part of the Civic Center. The 4,500 sq ft building resides on a 9,034 square feet lot. Main St Branch was renovated in 2008 with new carpeting, tile flooring, and paint. Wireless Internet services and an expanded computer lab were also added that year.
The Huntington Beach Public Library on Triangle Park, known as the Main Street Branch Library, was placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior on April 16, 2013.