Accomplishments and Goals
FY 2017/18 Accomplishments
- Replace 25 dispatch and computer lab computers for the Police Department.
- Replace 32 desktop computers at Fire stations.
- Continue the replacement of the land management software.
- Continue the replacement of enterprise cashiering software system.
- Replace Citizens Request Management system (Pipeline).
- Replace the Agenda Management software solution.
- Expansion of camera surveillance systems at Library and Community Services facilities.
- Improved customer service and Information Technology governance.
- Implement new IT Management System (ITSM) to track all technology related issues and projects.
- Expansion of mobility solutions and remote access for City employees with additional 60 devices.
- Implement new cyber security measures.
- Upgrade backup system and expand network storage capacity.
- Upgrade Voice over IP phone system.
- Complete upgrade of Microsoft Office citywide.
- Implement new hardware to improve the reliability of Fire Station computers.
- Replace public libraries computers.
- Upgrade the Council Chambers Audio\Video Technology equipment.
- Implemented additional IT strategic plan recommendations.
- Replace network core switch for the Police Department.
- Implement new Public Records Act (PRA) management software.
- Expand the use of GIS in support of applications citywide.
- Build multiple new GIS applications and data layers to support city-wide projects.
- Implement the new remote access system for vendors.
- Implement intrusion detection gateway to protect City's application.
- Implement new agenda management system.
FY 2018/19 Goals
- Continue the replacement of the Electronic Land Management (ELM) system.
- Start the Police Computer Aided Dispatch and Records Management System replacement project.
- Complete the implementation of the enterprise Cashiering system.
- Upgrade computer hard drives and parts citywide to extend the life of PCs by 2-3 years.
- Implement additional inventory module to the Cityâ€™s new IT management System.
- Upgrade local and wide area network by replacing and upgrading aged network equipment.
- Upgrade virtual infrastructure by replacing 3 servers.
- Develop a new updated Disaster Recovery (DR) plan.
- Install downtown fiber to connect several City facilities.
- Upgrade Electronic Document Imaging System (EDMS).
- Continue implementation of new cyber security measures and tools.
- Implement an email archiving system.
- Upgrade desktop operating system citywide.
- Upgrade GIS Open Data Portal and Information Model.
- Prepare GIS data layers for Census 2020, Broadband, and Next Generation 911.
- Replace 30% of aged mobile devices citywide.
- Upgrade 40 computers for Utilities division of Public Works.
- Upgrade software to better manage desktops citywide.
- Enterprise solution for Survey tool.
- Implement SharePoint technology in public safety - Police team.
- Implement In-Time scheduling solution in public safety - Police team.
- Implement training programs for new and existing staff to improve IT service delivery.
- Complete Office 2016 deployment to Library lab computers and PD mobile devices.
Did you know?
The amount of solar energy that strikes the Earth in one hour is more than enough to provide all of the Earth’s energy needs for a complete year. Learn more about Solar.
City of Huntington Beach
2000 Main Street
Huntington Beach, CA
Phone: (714) 536-5515
Fax: (714) 536-5520