All of huntington Beach


What is a Mobile Home?
According to the State of California Housing and Community Development Department's definition of a Mobile Home is located in the 2021Mobile Home Residency Law (MRL) under Civil Code Section 798.3, a “Mobilehome” is a structure designed for human habitation and for being moved on a street or highway under permit pursuant to Section 35790 of the Vehicle Code. Mobilehome includes a (1) manufactured home, as defined in Section 18007 of the Health and Safety Code, and a (2) mobilehome, as defined in Section 18008 of the Health and Safety Code.  It does not include a recreational vehicle, trailer, or commercial coach.  

A  “Manufactured Home” is defined as "a structure that was constructed on or after June 15, 1976, is transportable in one or more sections, which, in the traveling mode, is eight body feet or more in width, or 40 body feet or more in length, or, when erected on site, is 320 or more square feet, and which is built on a permanent chassis and designed to be used as a single-family dwelling with or without a foundation when connected to the required utilities, and includes the plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and electrical systems contained therein.  A “Mobilehome” is different from a manufactured home in that it refers to a structure constructed prior to June 15, 1976."

More information regarding manufactured and mobilehomes can be found online at:
I Have a Recreational Vehicle (RV); is it Considered a Mobile Home?
No; recreational vehicles and buses are not considered Mobile Homes. The City of Huntington Beach's determinations regarding recreational vehicles are referenced in the City's Municipal Code at:
What is the Mobile Home Advisory Board (MHAB)?
The Mobile Home Advisory Board (MHAB) is an advisory body to the City Council that works to ensure the quality of life in Huntington Beach Mobile Home Parks. The MHAB addresses issues that affect the City's 18 mobile home communities by providing a forum for communication among mobile home residents, park owners, and the City Council. The MHAB is comprised of nine City Council-appointed Board Members - Three (3) Huntington Beach mobile home park owners or their designated nominees (who may or may not reside in Huntington Beach), Three (3) mobile home resident owners, and Three (3) Huntington Beach citizens at large who have no affiliation or relationship with mobile home parks. Also assigned to the MHAB are two City Council Member liaisons and one City staff liaison. Board Members are allowed to serve two full, four-year terms.

The MHAB holds regular quarterly meetings, generally on the fourth Monday in January, April, July, and October at 5:00 PM at the City Hall (see Agenda for specific meeting location) with special meetings scheduled as needed. The Agenda is posted 72 hours prior to each meeting. All meetings are open to the public and special meetings may be called in conformance with the Ralph M. Brown Act. Citizens can send written correspondence to the staff liaison who will coordinate responses. Every effort will be made to respond in writing to those individuals who submit proposals or written comments within fifteen working days where practical.

Comments from members of the public are welcome at MHAB meetings. Current and previous MHAB meeting agendas can be viewed here or can be obtained by mail or fax by calling the City Manager’s Office at (714) 536-5910.
How Does One Apply to be an MHAB Member?
If you are a park owner, park resident or a citizen at large residing in the City of Huntington Beach, and are interested in serving as an MHAB Board Member, complete an online membership application, or contact Cathy Fikes at (714) 536-5553, or email [email protected]. Members may only serve on one City committee, board, or commission at a time. Applications are reviewed and final appointments are made by the City Council.
Which Governmental Agency Regulates Mobile Home Parks?
Mobile Home Parks are governed by the State of California Housing and Community Development Department and are regulated by the Mobile Home Residency Law (MRL). Mobile Home park owners, managers and residents are encouraged to reference their copy of the MRL when Mobile Home conflicts occur. To access the most updated Mobile Home Residency Law (MRL), please visit the California Dept. of Housing and Community Development here:
Does the City of Huntington Beach Have Jurisdiction Over Mobile Home Parks Located Within the City limits?
Mobile Home Parks are regulated by the State of California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD). The City of Huntington Beach does, however, provide safety-related services, such as fire and police protection, to the residents living in Huntington Beach Mobile Home Parks.
What do I do if I find any violation of the Mobilehome Residency Law and submit a complaint?
The HCD has Mobilehome Residency Law Protection Program (MRLPP) effective July 1, 2020 that any mobilehome or manufactured homeowner living in a mobilehome park under a rental agreement may submit a complaint for an alleged violation of the Mobilehome Residency Law (MRL) and can submit a complaint to the HCD.  The HCD provides assistance to help resolve and coordinate the resolution of the most severe alleged violations of the MRL by calling (800) 952-8356 or emailing [email protected].

For more information, check out the MRLPP presentation on the City’s website here:
What Should a Resident Do if They Experience Difficulty With a Mobile Home Park Resident, Park Manager or Park Owner?
Various complaint forms are available to assist residents who may have concerns with a park resident, manager or owner. A complaint form designed by the Mobile Home Advisory Board is available online Mobile Home Complaint Form or can be obtained by email by calling (714) 536-5910. 

However, the MHAB cannot mediate or offer any legal advice. Neither the Board nor the City of Huntington Beach is in a position to take part in the direct resolution of any disputes that solely involve these two parties. The Board and the City may facilitate discussions by connecting the parties to various city staff or resources that may clarify issues involved in the disputes or outside resources that can provide mediation services.

If, after following the process outlined on the complaint form, a park resident still has a concern with a park manager or owner, a formal complaint can be filed with the California Dept. of Housing and Community Development’s Mobilehome Assistance Center. 

            P.O. Box 278690, Sacramento, CA 95827
Can the MHAB Help a Resident With Rent-related Disputes or Rent Increase?
The MHAB does not involve with rent-related disputes as it cannot mediate or offer any legal advice.  The MHAB and the City may facilitate discussions by connecting the parties to various city staff or resources that may clarify issues involved in the disputes or outside resources that can provide mediation services. 
If a Park Owner is Selling His or Her Mobile Home Park, What Responsibilities Does He or She Have with Regard to Existing Park Residents?
The State of California Housing and Community Development Department and the City of Huntington Beach have put into place specific regulations pertaining to the sale or conversion of Mobile Home Parks and the relocation of Mobile Home Park residents under these special circumstances. These regulations are contained in City of Huntington Beach Zoning Code Chapter 234 Mobilehome Park Conversion Ordinance codified on October 20, 2004. 
What Happens if I Have to be Away From My Mobile Home for a Long Period of Time Due to Illness, Unforeseen Circumstances or Hardship?
Most Mobile Home Parks have rules and regulations in place that prohibit an owner from renting their Mobile Home for any length of time. From time to time these rules impose hardships on owners who are temporarily unable to stay in their home when an unforeseen hardship arises, making it difficult to maintain their home and pay their space rent. Recognizing this, the City of Huntington Beach, in 1995, adopted Chapter 17.38 into its Municipal Code, "Temporary Rental of Mobile Homes in Mobile Home Parks," which allows an owner to rent their unit for up to one year (over a two-year period) under certain circumstances.
Who Handles the Removal of Graffiti on Mobile Home Park Walls?

If graffiti is spotted within a Mobile Home Park, the Park Manager should be the first point of contact. The City of Huntington Beach Public Works Department might be willing to assist in the removal of graffiti on the park's outer perimeter, depending on the wall location, accessibility and material make-up.

To find out if the Public Works Department is able to assist with the removal of graffiti on an outer Mobile Home Park wall, please call the Corporate Yard office at (714) 960-8861 or service request via the myHB app.

What Should I Do with Barking Dogs, Animal Nuisance or other Noise issues?

OC Animal Care (OCAC) facilitates the Barking Dog or Animal Nuisance complaint process, acting as an intermediary between the complainant and responsible person; and issuing a citation if necessary. OCAC does not investigate or make a determination that a Barking Dog or Animal Nuisance violation has occurred. OCAC can provide assistance mediating the circumstances of the issue or other information between both parties and can provide suggestions on how to resolve the issue with the animal in question. Citations are issued after the receipt of a second complaint and are based on the sworn affidavit signed by a complainant.

For more information, call OC Animal Care staff at 714-796-6442 or visit their website at

For General Noise Complaints, there are specific Huntington Beach Municipal Code (HBMC) regulating noise complaints such as noises from leaf blowers or construction or property maintenance-related noise.   Please visit the City website at, or Huntington Beach Code Enforcement at 714-375-5155.

What Can a Mobile Home Owner do if they are a Low-Income Homeowner and Unable to Make Needed Repairs to their Mobile Home?

The City of Huntington Beach offers low-interest loans to low-and moderate-income homeowners for needed repairs. For information on the City's Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program please call (714) 536-5582 or go online to:

Where can I find General Information on Mobile Home-Related Issues and Group Meetings?
There are several organizations that meet to deal with and report on Mobile Home-related issues. An excellent resource online is Golden State Manufactured Home Owner's League (GSMOL), a non-profit charitable trust corporation, dedicated to preserving Mobile Homeownership as affordable, quality housing through legislative efforts, and organization and education of individual homeowners and dwellers." The GSMOL can also be contacted locally as below. 

Region 5 (Orange County)

  • Region Manager:        Bobbie Magnusson
Phone (714) 937-1656 / Email: [email protected]

  • Associate Manager:    Nancy Agostini
Phone (714) 625-3321 / Email: [email protected]