Children's Needs Task Force
THIS TASK FORCE HAS BEEN DISBANNED EFFECTIVE AS OF 11/16/2021 PER RESOLUTION NO. 2021-65 "A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF HUNTINGTON BEACH REPEALING RESOLUTION NO. 2000-78 TO FORMALLY DISSOLVE THE CHILDREN'S NEEDS TASK FORCE."
The Children's Needs Task Force (CNTF) believes that the future of our city depends on how we view our children. The community must provide an environment where children can grow up and become healthy mature adults who feel themselves to be a part of the community. Local leaders must work with schools, outside agencies, the police, and the young people of our community to effectively identify the needs of children, and to develop an approach with which to meet these needs. The Task Force is available to provide their recommendations to the City Council concerning appropriate methods to meet the needs of children in Huntington Beach.
A Declaration of Policy about Children and Young Adults
- The citizens of Huntington Beach recognize that our children are our future.
- In all deliberations citizens understand that each young person is unique and born into circumstances influenced by genetics, economic factors, social and cultural differences, family structure and dynamics.
- Strong families are the most effective means of rearing children who feel secure, loved and supported as they move through the challenges of early childhood, middle school, and high school.
- Providing safe and secure neighborhoods, homes and schools in which youth and families can flourish is an important civic responsibility.
- Promoting strong academic programs within the City of Huntington Beach recognizes that quality schools benefit children and families, as well as the quality of life in the community.
- Facilitating positive alternative activities for children and young adults demonstrates that prevention is a priority in Huntington Beach.
- The citizens of Huntington Beach recognize the impact of positive role models that demonstrate good character, sportsmanship and citizenship.
- Demonstrating that children and youth are an important part of the community clearly establishes that they are valued.
- Together, the city of Huntington Beach and its citizens proclaim that the needs of children will be included as a priority in all planning and policy decisions that come before the City Council, Planning Commission, and city departments.