How can YOU join this amazing program?
Is my business eligible? To be eligible for the program, your company must:
1. Be located within the Orange County RMDZ (List of participating areas)
2. Use an eligible material in manufacturing a recycled-content product or process materials for recycling.
The following materials are eligible and are a priority of CalRecycle to develop sustainable markets:
- Agricultural waste
- Construction and demolition debris
- Food waste
- Green waste
- Waste automotive tires
3. Ineligible Materials
- Materials which have a history of being recycled and/or any material for which it is illegal to dispose of in a California landfill. These materials include:
- Metals (steel, aluminum, brass, copper, etc.)
- Electronic waste (computers, televisions, and any item which operates on battery power and/or has an electrical cord)
- Batteries of any kind
- Medical waste including SHARPS (needles, lancets, and other devices that are used to penetrate the skin to deliver medication)
- Hazardous waste
- Radioactive waste
Is my project eligible? It likely qualifies if it is similar to these projects:
Waste Prevention Projects
1. Modifying equipment or a process to manufacture a product using less raw material
2. Purchasing equipment in order to reduce waste generation
1. Architectural salvage
2. Preparing reclaimed lumber for resale
1. Manufacture a product with recycled-content
2. Produce feedstock from recycled-content (examples include plastic flake and crumb rubber)
Conversion Technology and Biomass Projects
1. Conversion technology (thermal, chemical, or biological)
2. Biomass (biomass fuels such wood or agricultural waste)
You can learn more at CalRecycle and get involved with the OCRMDZ by contacting Brittany Mello at (714) 536-5537 or [email protected]
Follow us on our Facebook page.
Did you know?
Solar energy has been used for over 2700 years. In 700 BC, glass lenses were used to make fire by magnifying the sun’s rays. Learn more about solar