Here's what we know right now about the recent oil spill.
- Approx. 126,000 gallons of oil leaked from a broken pipeline and are entering HB beaches and wetlands. Beta Offshore is responsible for the spill and is working with the Incident Management Team on repairs and cleanup efforts. The City will work to ensure the responsible parties do everything possible to rectify this environmental disaster.
- Our ocean and shorelines are closed indefinitely, FROM SEAPOINT TO THE SANTA ANA RIVER JETTY. Please do not enter the shoreline or water.
- Protecting our wetlands is one of our highest priorities. The City has deployed over 2,000 feet of protective booms at 7 locations. However, we are seeing oiled wildlife wash ashore.
- TO ASSIST WITH ANIMAL RESCUE, contact the HB Wetlands at at (714) 374-5587.
- TO ASSIST WITH FUTURE CLEANUP EFFORTS, visit cleanups.surfrider.org.
- FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SPILL, call the City's hotline at 714-374-1702.