Fireworks Works Information
Get ready to celebrate the Fourth of July! It is now legal to use safe and sane fireworks in the City of Huntington Beach on the 4th of July from noon to 10 p.m. (see Municipal Code for requirements on places of discharge). With the passage of Measure T, the City Council wrote new regulations to help non-profit organizations raise money and for all residents to have a safe Fourth of July. Non-profit organizations have applied for the opportunity to operate one of 15 allowed fireworks stands to raise funds for their charitable cause.
Lottery Held - Winners Announced!
Firework Lottery Winner Annoucement 2016
Key elements of the new regulations include:
- Safe and Sane Firework sales allowed on July 1, 2, and 3 from Noon - 10 p.m. and on July 4 from 10 a.m.- 9 p.m.
- Discharge of Safe and Sane Fireworks is only allowed on July 4 from Noon - 10 p.m.
- Fireworks MAY NOT be discharged:
- On any beach, wetlands, or public parks
- All areas on the ocean side of Pacific Coast Highway (e.g. Sunset Beach)
- Within 10 ft of any residence, dwelling or other structure or oil wells
- Public Property, including public streets, highways and other publicly owned property, buildings or facilities (except residential sidewalks, alleys, and streets)
- Properties located in commercial and industrial/manufacturing districts
- Within 300 ft of a fireworks stand or within 100 ft of a gas station/flammable liquids
- See ordinance and resolution for additional regulations
- Improper discharge of Safe and Sane fireworks or discharge of illegal fireworks is subject to a $500 citation
- Residents may discharge fireworks on their residential street, however, to help keep Huntington Beach clean, please properly dispose of spent fireworks properly! Do not leave them in the streets.
Did you know?
Did you know the Historic Resources Board has organized a Historic Walking Tour of Downtown Huntington Beach? Pick up your walking tour brochure today on the 3rd floor of City Hall! Check out the Historic Huntington Beach webpage for more information!