My Account and Renew
If you have any inquiries regarding your card account such as fines, fees, or overdues you may contact the Circulation Services staff at (714) 842-4481 option 0 during Central Library business hours.
To find out what items you have checked out, when they are due or to renew items, you must have a valid Huntington Beach Public Library card number and Personal Identification Number (PIN). Your PIN is the last four digits of the phone number used when you registered for your library card. To change or update your phone number, go to the Circulation Services Desk with your Library card and a photo ID (updates in person only).
To View a List of Checked Out Items
Log in with your barcode number, 14 digits, no spaces (normally begins with 2111900xxxxxxx).
Your PIN# is the last four numbers of your phone number when you registered for your library card. Click on the Checked Out link under the My Account/Renew tab. For information on how to renew your books please visit our renewing items webpage.
The error "Login failed. Try again." may occur due to the following:
- Incorrect data entry Make sure you have entered all 14 digits without spaces. For example, your card number should be entered: 21119001234567.
- Wrong PIN# Your PIN# is the last four numbers of your phone number when you registered for your library card.
To protect your identity, we require that you come in person with a photo ID if your login fails for any of the following reasons:
- You cannot remember what phone number you used when you registered for your card.
- You want to change your PIN or phone number.
- Your address, phone number, or birth date is not on file or has changed.
- You owe large fines to the library.
- Your card was reported as lost or stolen.
- Your card has expired.
Huntington Beach library cards expire every 3 years. When your card expires, you must rene your card in person at the library. Please bring a picture ID and proof of your current address.
The Huntington Beach Fire Department charges for emergency medical services and ambulance transportation. However, residents can join the FireMed Program and protect their out-of-pocket costs! Read more about the FireMed Program.